Thursday, May 04, 2006

The ticket is on its way

I have been waiting for what they call our "staging packet" with it's instructions on what to do next and an overview of what the pre-service orientation in Miami will be like. It finally came today!!

I called the travel agency and booked my flight. I will be officially leaving home on May 30th! My flight leaves Bellingham at 9:00am for Seattle. Then it's on to Chicago and from there to Miami, arriving at 10:30pm (EDT). Taking time zones into account that's 10 1/2 hours! Ouch! I really wanted to take the overnight flight because it is direct from Seattle to Miami and about 2 hours shorter but they don't want us to do that because we are supposed to be "rested" when orientation starts.

This whole thing suddenly became a whole lot more real!! 26 days to go.

Disclaimer Opinions expressed on this site are those of the page owner and do not in any way reflect the position or policies of the U.S. Government or the Peace Corps.